Our Training Program
Direct Support Professionals start at $12.00/hr
(After trial service period)
One of the things that sets us apart from other similar programs is our extensive paid training provided to all employees. It starts at the point of hire and continues throughout employment. We strive to help employees use their talents and encourage the acquisition of new skills.
Each new employee receives a minimum 60 hours of classroom instruction that includes:
- Mandatory Abuse Reporting – 1 year certification
- Blood Borne Pathogens/Universal Precautions – 1 year certification
- Oregon Intervention System – 2 year certification
- CPR and First Aid – 2 year certification
- Positive Behavior Support – 3 year certification
- Medication Safety – 3 year certification
In addition to training offered internally, Alvord-Taylor participates with outside organizations to coordinate business education and training for professionals working with people with disabilities.